By: Kris Kleinknight
The holiday festivities are over and it’s time to get back to normal. What’s your normal? Do you feel like you’re always racing to get caught up and never get caught up? Are you getting your 7 – 8 hours of sleep at night? BAHAHAHA!
2017 can be your year of Zen! Take time for YOU and really focus on your well being. Make a list of small achievable changes you can make to feel better physically and mentally each day. Start with listing what you know you need to change in your daily “norm” then try to list how to address them. Don’t forget to list how to address the “boomerangs” that come out of nowhere while you’re trying to stay calm and collected. Here are just a few thoughts that may help you through each day:
- Find your Happy Place – Richard Branson’s blog has this as one of his year’s priorities. https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/where-your-happy-place
- Meditate and find your inner peace; Pray and look for strength – let Jesus take the wheel!
- It’s good to be Goofy – Stop mid-day; put on your jam and have a mini-dance party!
- Exercise – nuf said!
- Eat clean! Read labels – if you can’t pronounce it; it’s probably not good for your system. Stay to the outside of the grocery and think Fresh. Processed foods are bogging down our physical systems!
- Decompress – read a book, get lost in a movie, watch cat videos, or spend time making something with your kids
- Give back – volunteer, help a neighbor, or physically do something to help someone else
- Write down your worries 2 hours before bed and let them go. You’ll address them when you can. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
Find what works for you and realize how important it is to stay in your Happy Place. Your body will thank you, your nerves will thank you, your friends and family will thank you, and most importantly You will find your Zen!