By: Catie Sterling
With so much talk around the office about our annual IDO Christmas Dinner, I thought it would be fitting to write my blog in reference to it. This is my first IDO Christmas Dinner and I have been told that a White Elephant gift exchange takes place every year. I’ve only done one White Elephant exchange before, so I had to be reminded of the rules, regulations, and gift examples. If you happen to also be participating in a white elephant exchange this year and need some ideas, I’ve compiled a list of some useful gifts!
- For the cat lover – A cat pen, a cat tape dispenser, a cat calendar, a cat towel, a cat rug! All useful things involving your friend’s favorite animal that will remind them of you.
- For the coffee drinker – Good morning mugs – This mug will warn your co-workers that you haven’t yet drank your morning coffee, so stay away until you do! The mug actually changes faces after a hot liquid is added. It will go from a sleeping frown to wide awake.
- For the wino – Wine to go cups! So he or she can sip his or her favorite wine on picnics, tailgates, or in the backyard without fear of shattering wine glasses.
- For the movie/music buff – there’s nothing like a new set of trivia cards for someone who thinks they know it all about actors, actresses, movie quotes, movie years, singers, songwriters, etc.
- For the cook – a set of white elephant salt and pepper shakers. I don’t know about you, but I love unique salt and pepper shakers in different forms that add some character to a kitchen. I’ve seen owls, foxes, Santas, snowmen, reindeer, etc. They can be found at Target or TJ Maxx for around $5.
I hope this list is helpful when picking out your last minute White Elephant exchange gift. I can’t wait to see all of the outrageous items tomorrow!