By Janet Thomas On February 14, 1992 Jill Mendoza hung out her shingle and opened IDO Incorporated. She set up shop in her basement and courageously went to work offering specialized design services not available from anyone else. From this modest beginning she has grown the company’s reputation through responsiveness, accountability and creativity. What other benchmarks happened in 1992? A look back reveals:
- Superbowl XXVI was won by the Washington Redskins.
- Bill Clinton was elected President.
- The Mall of America was built.
- Euro Disney opened in France.
- The European Union was created.
- The Summer Olympics were held in Barcelona, Spain
- A gallon of gas cost $1.05
- Popular musicians included Nirvana, Mariah Carey and the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Popular films included Aladin, the Bodyguard and A Few Good Men
Many changes have occurred over the years but the heart of IDO beats stronger than ever. In 2006 IDO moved into its’ current home which was the city’s first LEED certified building. Our dedicated team of 10 Associates IDO has carved a unique niche and developed a rich service offering in Interior Design and Move Management that defines our Brand. We are blessed with wonderful clients and lasting relationships with Industry professionals. Congratulations to Jill and the IDO team on your 20th Anniversary!