By: Lindsay Ferro and Yvonne Rush As interior designers most of us work in AutoCAD drawings on a daily basis to develop a space plan that works for our clients. Here are 10 tips that we thought may be useful in helping you meet those deadlines!
- Shortcuts! AutoCAD has many keyboard shortcuts that allow you to create and pick objects with the touch of one button (or maybe two).
- PURGE, PURGE, PURGE! To get rid of all of the unused layers, blocks, styles and line types in your drawing.
- MATCHPROP: matches the properties of one object to another.
- Did you type all of your text in lowercase by mistake? DON’T retype it! Just right click on the text within the editor and select change case.
- What layer is that on? Type LAYWALK to select a layer to show which objects are on that layer.
- Select one object, right click, and choose the SELECT SIMILAR option to highlight all of the same objects in your drawing. It will save you lots of time when making changes!
- Use quick select to select and then edit specific layer, color, line weight, scale, plot style, line type, hyperlink, and transparency. Simply type QSELECT in the command prompt.
- Type OVERKILL to remove all of the unwanted duplicated geometry in your drawing.
- Use the ALIGN command to make sure object points line up with each other. This is especially useful when you have objects at an angle, and need them to be straight! To do this: type ALIGN, select the object you want to align, and hit enter. Pick a starting point (1) and a destination point (2) in the direction that you want your objects to align. Follow the same instructions for the starting point (3) and the destination point (4). Press Enter. For a diagram and addition instructions, visit this page.
- BLOCKREPLACE: Replaces all inserts of one block with another block.
For more AutoCAD tips be sure to visit the sites below: http://autocadtips1.com/page/2/ http://www.cad-notes.com/100-autocad-tips-you-should-know/ Do you have any other tips to share?