By Gary K. Pino, FMP BRAVO … CONGRATULATIONS … WAY TO GO … and all of the other inspiring & admirable accolades that go along with achieving such an awesome milestone of being in business for 20 years. In addition to the “blood, sweat and tears” that went into forming, nurturing and sustaining IDO Incorporated over all of these years, you, Jill, have created a lot of fond memories, as well as have provided hope, dreams and happiness for a lot of our IDO families!! It’s been an incredible ride, and I have only been here for 10 of the 20 years. I am so looking forward to the next 20!!! From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU, Jill … thank you very much! As you know by now, one of my BLOGS just wouldn’t be complete without my referencing The Beatles in some form or fashion … so as not to disappoint anyone, I wanted to share a Lennon/McCartney song that seems to have been written just for you, Jill … and a few of the lines go something like this: “It was twenty years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play They’ve been going in and out of style But they’re guaranteed to raise a smile. So may I introduce to you The act you’ve known for all these years,” IDO Incorporated “We hope you will enjoy the show, Sit back and let the evening go. You’re such a lovely audience, We’d like to take you home with us, We’d love to take you home. I don’t really want to stop the show, …” Since I am having so much fun with this BLOG entry, I thought I would piggy back on Janet’s Blog from earlier this week and fast forward to 2012; just to share some current event benchmarks of what has happened in 2012. A look at today’s news reveals:
- Superbowl XLVI was won by Peyton Manning’s “little brother” Eli and the New York Giants
- Barack Obama is President of the United States.
- The Mall of America is still going strong.
- Euro Disney fizzled.
- The Summer Olympics will be held in London,England(GO Reece Humphrey, a former LNHS Wrestler trying to earn a spot on the US Olympic Wrestling Team)
- A gallon of gas cost $3.13 … no, $3.23 …. no, $3.37 … no, $3.19 … wait, what day is today?
- Popular musicians include: Adele, Foo Fighters, LMFAO, and Taylor Swift to name a few…
- Popular films include: Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace in 3D, The Vow, Safehouse, The Iron Lady
- The movie star and singer of ‘popular’ 1992 movie, The Bodyguard, Whitney Houston, suddenly and sadly passed away this past weekend …
- A “nickel candy bar” in 1992 was 69 cents and now it costs $ .99
Congratulations to Jill and the entire IDO family on its 20th Anniversary ~ 02/14/2012!