By: Lee Boyland Last month, IDO hosted a CEU brought to Indianapolis through IIDA Indiana – “Toward a More Creative Life” by Pamela Rainey with Patcraft. The course itself was refreshing! And, it was enlightening to hear some other attendees’ ideas on keeping creative juices flowing. Some ideas brought to the table – from Patcraft and attendees – were:
- Keep a journal of ideas…ones you think of at home, in the car, in the shower. Sometimes it seems like when we are away from work, we can think more clearly and find a solution to that lingering problem!
- Take a walk…you never know what you might come across in nature that could be an inspiration!
- Doodle…do some sketching and work things out on paper in a graphic way
- Collaborate with others…talk through your challenges and gather advice from colleagues
- Extracurricular activity…embrace a hobby and join a club or a class where you can learn more about your interests
- Break your routine…try a new menu item, change up your daily schedule, drive a different route
- Unwind…treat yourself to some relaxation time, a dessert, an adult beverage (if you are an adult, that is!)
In summary, the CEU was about keeping creativity going through the above and other ideas, not just in our work lives, but our personal lives too! In what ways do you keep your mind fresh and creative in your work and personal life?