By: Yvonne Rush & Lindsay Ferro As you read in our Saving the World One Sample at a Time: Part I there are many reasons why you should recycle samples (and everything else!), but have you ever thought about how you could give those items a new life? Check out some of these great DIY upcycled projects using material samples and other common items you may have lying around!
- Paint Chip Clock: Add pops of color to a boring clock with paint chips.
- Wine Bottle Lamp: Use an emptied wine bottle to create a beautiful glass base, and add colorful fabric samples to the shade to create a truly unique piece.
- Holiday Gift Tags: Laminate Chip Tags & Paint Chip Tags: Easily personalize your extra laminate chips or paint samples as gift tags for any occasion.
- Jewelry: Cut & fold discontinued leather or fabric samples to make one of a kind jewelry.
- Paint Chip Napkin Holder: Use larger paint chips in place of napkin rings to allow you to easily color coordinate with any party theme.
- Seat Cushions: Take fabric scraps or discontinued upholstery samples to sew together a unique seat cushion full of colors and textures.
- Paint Chip Mobile: Cut shapes out of paint chips to make a mobile that can hang over tables at a wedding or even a crib in a nursery.
- Coasters: Use solid surface, tile, granite, wood, or glass samples as coasters.
- Wall Divider: Combine old carpet samples together to create a wall divider.
- Christmas Tree: Use green plastic bottles to sculpt a Christmas tree for outdoor decorations.
All of these items would make awesome gifts or decorations just in time for the Holidays! For more ideas on upcycling design samples, check out this great Pinterest page from ZeroLandfill Indy!